The master plan will guide improvements to the Anglesea park over the next 5 to 10 years. As a guest of the Anglesea Family Caravan Park, you provide an important perspective as part of the master planning process.
Where does your money go?
All funds raised through our commercial endeavours are reinvested back into the coast.
The Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority has an ongoing commitment to tourism and business in the Anglesea community through:
- supporting a number of local events such as Kids Adventure Outdoors Anglesea, Surf Coast Marathon, Rock2Ramp Swim, Surf Coast Century, Roo Run and Grommet Gallop, as well as surf carnivals
- partnering with community groups for years of conservation and revegetation work across the coast with ANGAIR, volunteers and school groups
- working with the local surf schools to re-issue surf school licences at Anglesea to support the local surf school industry and local camp accommodation providers
- funding $100,000 works to address safety concerns with the Anglesea beach access ramp
- contributing to the salaries of the professional lifeguards employed by the Anglesea Surf Lifesaving Club
- leasing the successful Bombora’s Kiosk at Point Roadknight
- funding the $1.7m build of the Surf Coast Walk and the boardwalk along the park-riverbank boundary
- running our community partnership, Fresh Air Kids Program, with local families, learning through playing in nature.
At the caravan park, we are also committed to:
- maintaining the park to at least current standards, delivering a multi-million dollar investment package back into the park
- retaining what people love about the park – safe, secure and family-friendly.
- ensuring an increase of funding into the park, community and the coastline
- retaining local business and tourism arrangements
- high levels of customer service through the transition period.
We have a number of other projects happening in the Anglesea region and all along the Great Ocean Road coastline. Your camping fees help us protect everyone’s favourite backyard so thank you for staying with us.